Monday, May 13, 2013

Diamond clinic day 5

Well today is my last day at Diamond. Though my headache is still not completely gone, it has decreased to a level that I can function on.  What I really enjoy is that they not only addressed my headaches, but treated the whole body and from any muscle tension that causes headaches, to the mental anguish that comes with having chronic migraines. Before I left, they gave me referrals to a physical therapist who I am to see two times a week for four to six weeks, and therapists in my area that I can see for my mental well being. I got one more treatment of Norflex before I left and took my meds that I needed for the rest of the day (since in my town the pharmacy closes before I would get home). 

I must take a moment to show gratitude to my nurses - Mary, Niki, May, and Victoria. They were so wonderful. I never felt like any of them were there for anything but to care for me. I cannot even put into words how much they made being away from my family so much easier. 

The first night my husband stayed because we just weren't sure if I made the right decision going there. But on day two I had to kick him out and send him home because I had no reservations about being there with them. I knew I was in good hands. the nurses are absolutely fabulous. They all deserve to be given a considerable raise!

One thing you may not have seen me mention the whole time I was there is the food - it was just god awful. The saving grace was that there was a tray of fresh fruit delivered to the floor every night at 7:30. On the positive side, I did lose eight pounds while I was there! Yay!

Once we got home my mom brought my daughter back and it was just wonderful to see her again. I missed her so so much. I was just sad I couldn't do anything fun with her because I was still exhausted from everything. I think I went to bed before her! And we slept in until about noon the next day. It was great to finally get some good sleep at home. 

The next day was Mothers Day, and I was just so glad to be home. I was so wiped out I didn't do much. My mom and dad did come over and we had dinner together, which was really nice. I got to bed at a decent hour and slept great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment