So it is now Thursday, and I am feeling slightly better. I was able to get up and shower, as well as attend the pharmacy class. In the class they went over the different types of medications that are used and any precautions we need to take with them. I found this Very helpful, as I don't know much about medications I haven't tried. It really helped empower me to know that I wasn't just going to get what the doctor told me was going to help, but wit explained why it helps too. I'm very much a "why" person. You can't just tell me that I need to do or take something because you're the doctor and you know better. I have to know your reasoning behind it.
I also met with a physical therapist who worked on positioning and posture with me. I found this very helpful. I know my posture is bad, I just don't know how to fix it. She also gave me exercises to do at home daily, and orders for when I return home for a physical therapist.
I also had my first biofeedback session today. Now at first I was really confused by it. They hook you up to a computer using something like an EKG machine. It reads various bodily functions such as temperature and tension in different parts of the body. Once I got hooked up I was to use some exercises to get my body to relax, which would show the level of tension on the screen. At first I had no idea what I was doing, but after a while I got the hang of it. Basically it reads a level of tension and you triangle your body to release that tension.
Today was great because I got to FaceTime with both my husband and my daughter. I miss them so much. I think my daughter is finally realizing something is off because she hasn't seen me in a few days. I do know that she is being well cared for while I am gone, and I am truly thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment